We cannot overemphasize the fact that, you need to GET SAVED. This is in direct opposition to the phrase, “Get Lost.” Nobody has to “Get Lost,” because you are ALREADY a lost sinner and under the condemnation of God, “He that believeth on him (on Jesus) is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:18). Belief (trust, faith) is the key to get on the SAVED “side.” Now here’s how it can happen.
- You are a sinner, “there is none righteous, no, not one…for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:10,23). Nobody is perfect and we all “come short” of knowing God.
- The penalty (payment) for our sins is separation from the love of God, “for the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:15).
- You can’t “make it on your own” (your own efforts, turning over a new leaf, trying to do better). “for by grace are ye SAVED THROUGH FAITH and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8,9)
- Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins; this is what is called “the gospel” (good news). “Christ died for our sins” (1 Corinthians 15:3). “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust that he might bring us to God” (1 Peter 3:18). And, God “hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be SAVED…for WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be SAVED”. (Romans 10:9,13).
That’s it; it’s that SIMPLE to GET SAVED. Just pray a SIMPLE prayer and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart RIGHT NOW and SAVE your soul. “as many as received him (trusted in Jesus Christ), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (John 1:12). Do it NOW!
I hope you did that. You know, many of us have probably said at one time or another (to our kid brother), “Get Lost.” Well, if that happens you can now say to them, I can’t because I “GOT SAVED!”